About Dr. Klein
I am a licensed psychologist and psychoanalyst in Portland, Oregon providing psychotherapy and psychoanalysis with adults, adolescents, and children. I am also available for individuals located in California who wish to use video therapy. I believe that learning is a lifelong process. I have extensive training and provision of services in individual psychotherapy and psychological testing in clinical, educational, and medical settings. I have also trained mental health clinicians in the treatment of eating and substance abuse disorders, and formerly served as Lead Clinician for an intensive outpatient eating disorder program.
My commitment to understanding the human experience and helping others achieve more of the life they want led me to pursue and complete post-doctoral training in child and adult psychoanalysis at the San Diego Psychoanalytic Center. In addition to mental health provision, I am a leadership coach at the Center for Creative Leadership, where I work extensively with executives and managers from leading corporations. I also supervise psychologists in training and licensed mental health professionals. My work and research is published in such journals as the Journal of Prevention and Intervention in the Community and the Australian Journal of Community Psychology. A plethora of experience and academic training has equipped me with the tools necessary to assist patients in leading productive and satisfying lives.
- Certificate in Adult Psychoanalysis, San Diego Psychoanalytic Center
- Training in Child Psychoanalysis, San Diego Psychoanalytic Center
- Ph.D. in Dual Clinical Psychology and Industrial Organizational Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology, San Diego CA, 2012; Cum Laude Honors
- Doctoral research: The impact of early-developed relational patterns on workplace and managerial performance
- M.S. in Psychology, DePaul University, Chicago IL, 2006
- B.A. in Psychology, DePaul University, Chicago IL, 2004
- Private Practice
- Executive Coaching
- Supervision of licensed and unlicensed mental health professionals
- Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions at various national and international universities
- Lead Clinician at Eating Disorders program
- Predoctoral and postdoctoral training in psychotherapy, psychological and neuropsychological testing
- Various awards, distinctions, and press interviews